EAGLE 5 Product Family
Industry’s global market-share leading signaling platform providing end-to-end signaling across fixed, mobile, and next-generation networks.
The EAGLE 5 product family is built on the world’s leading signaling platform and provides a future-proof solution for operators migrating to next-generation, Internet protocol (IP) connectivity.
The EAGLE 5 platform performs key functions such as signal transfer point (STP), signaling gateway, intelligent routing, screening services, number portability (NP) and integrated performance and service management.
Service providers can optimize the use of network resources, manage subscribers and migrate them to new technologies, control fraud, and interoperate between networks with disparate technologies. The EAGLE 5 platform delivers impressive database size, signaling capacity and transaction speed. These advanced features, coupled with high-performance IP connectivity, optimize today’s core telecommunications network with scalability, reliability, security, and flexibility, while providing investment protection.
SS7 Signal Transfer Point (STP). The EAGLE 5 platform delivers ANSI/ITU International Gateway functionality, centralized signaling routing, and bridges the existing circuit switched and packet networks. It provides seamless interworking between time division multiplex (TDM) resources like service control points (SCPs) and IP-enabled elements such as softswitches and next-generation databases, in addition to delivering full STP capabilities and a host of core network applications
Signaling Gateway. Tekelec offers proven and robust IP signaling solutions, based on the industry standard SIGTRAN (SS7 over IP) protocol suite, to fit a variety of networking needs. Tekelec has been a leader in defining industry IP signaling standards and a pioneer in implementing successful IP-based networks, with some of the earliest and largest deployments in all regions of the world. Standards-based for connectivity and interoperability, the EAGLE 5 platform supports a wide range of IP-based signaling protocols, including SCTP, M3UA, M2PA, and SUA
Number Portability. Tekelec has a broad portfolio of number portability solutions covering GSM, CDMA and fixed networks, as well as intra-carrier number retention. Tekelec has been providing number portability solutions to global operators for many years - with more than 94 NP operators in 32 countries. Tekelec’s number portability solutions integrate advanced database management and signaling functions directly onto the EAGLE 5 platform, providing several advantages over solutions that rely on external SCPs. Tekelec solves the number portability problem for voice, short message service (SMS), multimedia message service (MMS) and prepaid calls with triggered and triggerless solutions that benefit operators and subscribers on a variety of networks
HLR and Voicemail Router. Tekelec’s Home Location Register (HLR) routing solution provides a cost-effective, turnkey solution to more efficiently distribute subscribers and services across multiple HLRs in the network. The HLR routing solution allows each HLR to be filled to 100 percent of its capacity and alleviates the need to maintain subscriber number routing tables in every mobile switching center (MSC) in the network. The flexible voicemail router solution allows operators to route individual premium subscribers to specific advanced voicemail service center (VMSC) platforms, while directing basic voicemail subscribers to standard platforms
Equipment Identity Register. The EAGLE 5 Equipment Identity Register (EIR) effectively renders a stolen handset useless and helps deter mobile handset theft. This feature enables network operators to enter the IMEI of stolen handsets into a “blacklist” and prevents them from being registered on the network
Integrated Applications. The EAGLE 5 platform supports a variety of network services and value-added applications essential for providing cost efficiencies, revenue generation, service and revenue assurance and network security, including:
- Intelligent routing services such as subscriber management, access screening, GSM equipment identity register, least cost routing, number translation, managed roaming, bridge/migration gateway and more
- Triggerless services for the deployment of services without expensive intelligent network (IN) switch upgrades, such as number screening for fraud control, NP and number substitution
- Integrated monitoring supporting network applications for revenue protection, service assurance and market intelligence
- Single platform: the EAGLE 5 platform supports key functions such as integrated monitoring, signal transfer, signaling gateway and number portability
- Scalability: Operators can purchase the capacity and connectivity needed to meet existing network needs
- Reliability: Field-proven 99.99999%* availability in mobile and fixed networks worldwide
- Flexibility: Supports multiple link interface types and industry standards for flexible configuration and connection of network devices – key to cost-efficient growth and network evolution
- Network security: Signaling connectivity to other service providers is centralized at the EAGLE 5 platform, so gateway screening is centralized and not required at multiple switches
- Investment protection: The EAGLE 5 platform protects original investment by providing a migration path to next-gen networks. Operators can cost-effectively increase capacity, deploy enhanced services and migrate to next-generation architecture without forklift upgrade
*Reliability calculated using accepted industry methods of measuring STP population availability.