Integrated Applications Solution
Tekelec's Integrated Applications Solution (IAS) platform provides the tools service providers need to capture network traffic data and convert it into useful business intelligence for troubleshooting, managing traffic, roamers, and services, as well as revenues.With its powerful and configurable filtering, IAS sorts through the data to create comprehensive dashboards and reports for all departments within the service provider's company. IAS includes a comprehensive array of performance management and KPI-based service management capabilities that provide reliable real-time or historical information based on network traffic.
IAS delivers the network visibility operators require to ensure that traffic is managed properly and routed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Network planners can use traffic data as needed to plan accurately and grow the network based on real traffic statistics rather than models.
To ensure that subscribers are provided the best service possible, operators need to monitor and manage the quality of service (QoS) delivered by their networks. IAS provides the data needed for operators to be able to monitor all aspects of the network and ensure that calls are being delivered, network access is being granted and subscribers are experiencing the best possible quality.
When there are failures in the network, there is no better troubleshooting data than signaling data. The IAS provides maintenance personnel and customer care centers with the information they need to isolate network problems and resolve them quickly and effectively.When the IAS alarming capability is utilized, operators have a complete view of the networks health, and are alerted when conditions change.
IAS enables operators to manage their networks more effectively and can be used for:
- Performance Management
- Prepaid KPIs
- Roaming KPIs
- Security KPIs
- SMS KPIs
- Traffic Management KPIs
Tekelec's IAS provides valuable insight into the network, allowing wireless and wireline operators to:
- Troubleshoot service delivery. It can be very difficult to determine the causes for service delivery failures, especially when third-party content providers are involved. Operators have increased the productivity of their customer care team by using Tekelec's IAS troubleshooting capability to track and resolve service failures. The swift resolution of service problems has helped to improve customer satisfaction and reduce churn
- Report and display network traffic statistics. The power of IAS lies in its flexibility. Unlike network monitoring systems and other performance management tools, IAS allows the user to decide what data and reports are needed, and how that data is used. An easy-to-use interface provides historical and realtime network data to multiple users
- Track subscriber activity. IAS provides vital subscriber data and service usage, including download types and frequency, messaging, roaming activity, calling patterns and other important business intelligence to the operator's marketing professionals and network planning engineers
- Prevent revenue loss. Fraud, interconnect issues, and other sources of revenue loss can be tracked in real-time, allowing operators to identify and reduce their impact to the bottom line in a proactive manner. Suspect subscribers or call patterns can be mapped and analyzed to furnish accurate alarms and generate reports when fraudulent activity is suspected. Operators can also capture call data to properly bill interconnect traffic
- Improve QoS. IAS provides real-time alerts when QoS degrades, allowing operators to manage customer care proactively. Sophisticated tools ensure that routing errors are located swiftly and accurately, so the operator can launch corrective actions before they impact customer satisfaction