SIP Signaling Router
Upgrade your next-gen network for scalability, multimedia services and access independence.
The growth of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) subscribers and applications is compelling operators to expand and optimize their next-generation networks (NGNs). However, extending the capacity of the softswitch-based NGN presents a significant challenge: the network lacks a core signaling and session control layer, which limits its scalability and flexibility. A framework that offloads signaling and session tasks from the edge NGN elements is critical to the continued growth of VoIP future multimedia services.
The EAGLE XG SIP Signaling Router (SSR) application creates a centralized core session framework that enables enhanced routing capabilities and increases service and network flexibility. By deploying SIP routing functionality in the core network, the application relieves the endpoints of session management duties. The resulting architecture allows the NGN to grow systematically in response to increasing demand for VoIP and multimedia services. The implementation of a capable session layer allows operators to introduce many IMS benefits to the NGN including access independence, multimedia support, home service control (HSC) model, and subscription-based service orchestration.
- Reduces provisioning cost and complexity
- Improves manageability to enable cost-effective and efficient network expansion
- Minimizes the need and associated costs of billing mediation
- Lowers infrastructure and operations costs by creating a core signaling framework for all media types
- Reduces interoperability testing complexity and costs associated with expanding or adding new network nodes
- Establishes a session control layer that forms the basis for evolution to IMS