Provides the ability to associate individual subscriber numbers to a specific voicemail server in a centralized database.
The introduction of advanced services such as video and multimedia voicemail will help to increase average revenue per user, but also sets up a tiered voicemail service structure. At least initially, a minority of the operator’s total subscriber base will subscribe to these premium services. It makes sense for the operator to deploy a few advanced voicemail servers for premium customers, while maintaining standard platforms to service the majority of basic voicemail subscribers.
Current voicemail routing schemes typically use a range-based mechanism, which routes the calls to all available voicemail server centers (VMSCs) in an equal, load-sharing scheme. Subscriber numbers are grouped into ranges and are routed to the VMSC associated with a particular number range. The routing scheme does not make it possible to assign a subscriber to a particular VMSC on an individual basis.
Operators require a flexible routing mechanism to specify certain subscribers as premium subscribers and assign them to advanced VMSC platforms. They also require solutions that simplify voicemail subscriber additions and re-assignments to maximize the use of existing resources.
Tekelec’s flexible Voicemail Router application, meets operator needs by providing the ability to associate individual subscriber numbers (DN or MSISDN) to a specific voicemail server in a centralized database. The Voicemail Router will determine which VMSC should receive the voicemail call for a specific subscriber. This allows the operator to make specific subscriber-VMSC assignments, and thus make the most efficient use of the VMSC platforms that are deployed.
- Easy premium services deployment. Operators can attract corporate and other lucrative customers by offering voicemail that provides a premium level of service as well as advanced video and multi-media voicemail at an additional cost. The Voicemail Router allows operators to route individual premium subscribers to specific advanced VMSC platforms, while directing basic voicemail subscribers to standard platforms
- Maximized resource utilization. The Voicemail Router centralizes voicemail routing, performing load balancing across multiple VMSCs as well as alleviating the need for MSCs to maintain number range tables. The core routing solution allows the most efficient use of network resources and simplifies provisioning and maintenance
- Flexible growth. Tekelec provides a highly flexible application that simplifies the process of adding new voicemail subscribers or re-assigning them. Individual subscribers can be moved from one voicemail server to another, or to a premium server as needed
- Scalability. Tekelec is the industry leader in providing advanced database applications, such as Voicemail Router, providing high capacity, superior throughput and scalability up to 96 million subscriber numbers per node
- Simplified provisioning. The easy-to-use interface simplifies operator provisioning of subscriber VMSC mapping and call decision criteria. Provisioning is non-service affecting and can be done in real time
- Integrated applications suite. Operators deploying the EAGLE 5 platform, can also take advantage of Tekelec’s full suite of advanced database applications, including: Number Portability (NP), HLR Router, GSM Equipment Identity Register (EIR), INAP-based Number Portability (INP), Prepaid SMS Intercept, Prepaid IDP Query Relay, Prepaid IDP Screening, and IS41-GSM Migration